Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yummy Blog Award


Sorry for the lack of postings, I've been caught up lately with some work.

Cindy from Where's the Beef has nominated Hungry Hamster for the Yummy Blog Award. The Yummy Blog Award is an award given to blogs with recipes/photos. I'm very honored to be nominated for this, and will try my best to keep up with posts of yummy food from my baking and eating adventures!

Hmm, favorite desserts. I'm in love with so many desserts, so this is quite a hard decision for me. Most of the time though, I prefer light, guilt-free desserts such as Japanese Strawberry Short Cake. I love good quality light Japanese Sponge Cake with good quality fresh cream (not the non-dairy type) and sweet strawberries. I think they are the perfect combination when done well.


picture credited to Google image search

On the other hand, I also have a soft spot for rich desserts like chocolate molten cakes, and love to try them when visiting restaurants and do a comparison. My favorite one so far is the Chocolate Dream Souffle at NY Steakhouse at JW Mariott Hotel in Bangkok. I would love it even more if they serve if with good quality vanilla ice cream instead of just cream.

Now I would like to nominate this award to two of my favorite yummy blogs with beautiful photos and lovely recipes!

Daily Delicious
experiments with lots terrific desserts/baking recipes and I love her photo-taking style!

A Daily Obsession
not only has beautiful and good recipes, it always has good, interesting stories to go with the pictures. I love reading and learning about Chinese and Malaysian food and cultures!

Hope you guys will also enjoy these two blogs as much as I did!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for joining in, HH! Tell me more about this non-dairy cream you like so much - what is it made of?

dailydelicious said...

Hi, Hungry hamster.
I'm so surprised and it’s a great honor for me.
I'm already nominate the blogs which I like.
Thank you for nominate mine.
Pook

Anonymous said...

Japanese strawberry shortcake - never heard of it; it sounds fantastic!

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

hi, thank you for the award *blushes*. can i nominate u too?

Greg Wee said...

i came over from terri's blog. gosh i feel like i have found gold here. so pretty the photos and everything looks so yummy.

you and terri def deserve awards!

NEE

Hungry Hamster said...

Jackie: Maybe you are more familiar with it as "Strawberry Cream Cake". The texture of Japanese sponge cake is very very light, soft, and fluffy. The texture of the cake is also very delicate. You should try it when you have the chance!

Greg Wee: Hey, thanks for dropping by! Glad you like the site, and nice to meet you :)