Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quick and Easy Cocoa Fudge Cookies



I had a baking craving yesterday so my sister suggested either brownies or chocolate chip cookies. I wanted to try out a new recipe, so I looked through all the recipes I've bookmarked in the past, and Baking Bites save the day again. From the description on her blog, the texture of the cookie was almost like brownies, this was just perfect as it fits my sister's requirement and I get to try a new recipe! This recipe is also relatively healthy compared to other chocolate cookies recipes I've tried as some of the butter in the recipe is replaced by plain yogurt. This was a great idea and I'm not surprise as the original recipe was from Alice Medrich, the Queen of chocolate!


Cocoa Fudge Cookies From Baking Bites(Originally from Alice Medrich)

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
7 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 170 C. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in cocoa powder, sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract. Add flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten; cookies do not spread a lot.
Bake at 170 C for 9-12 minutes or until set and slightly firm at the edges. Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 2 dozen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

giggg...
i miss you bakery...
(k)
see you in 2 mths na ja'...
:)