Monday, July 28, 2008

Cherry Muffins



I had a can of cherries that was close to its expiring date, and after searching for several recipes, I decided to make Cherry muffins instead as it was quick and easy. I was tempted to make cherry tart, but making the pastry would take a longer time so I decided to stick to making muffins instead. This recipe originally called for Blueberries, but I decided to substitute it with Cherries instead.



Cherry Muffins
Adapted from May made Vol II :: Sweet book

Ingredients:
3 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
150 g butter
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup of canned cherries
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. In a large bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder. Add in the sugar, milk, and eggs, and stir until well mixed. Add in the butter and the vanilla extract, then fold in the canned cherries. Bake them in lined muffin tin for 20-25 min or until golden brown.


No comments: