Monday, October 15, 2007

Continuing My Puff Pastry Fever With Apple Galette



Hope I haven't bored you guys with my Puff Pastry baking spree :) Well, just in case some of you were wondering what else you can do with puff pastry, why not try this easy Apple Galette?

All you need is one sheet of ready rolled puff pastry, some apricot jam, some ground almond, one granny-smith apple, and some caster sugar!

Cut the pastry into four squares and spread 1 teaspoon of apricot jam on each square leaving space on the border. Sprinkle the ground almond all over the jam and arrange the sliced apple pieces on top. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top, and baked in 220 degrees preheated oven until the pastry is puffed and golden. Sprinkled with more caster sugar and served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!


4 comments:

claire said...

Oooh, sounds extremely easy and looks delicious! :)

Hungry Hamster said...

Thanks mutemonkey :)

ilingc said...

Hi Hungry Hamster,
Don't you just love the versatility of puff pastry? I love how it's like a blank canvas, you can just throw something or anything on to it and make a meal or dessert out of it.
I love the how you've fan out the apples too. Looks great :)

Hungry Hamster said...

Thanks for dropping by ilinc! Yes, I agree with you! I love Puff pastry!