Thursday, October 4, 2007

Crunchy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies


Another great recipe from Baking Bites! These are soo easy to make as you don't even need flour and it's impossible to go wrong with! What can be better than chocolate and peanut butter? These cookies are crunchy and crumbly, full of flavor, and the chocolate chip also complements it very well!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (Adapted from Baking Bites)

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients until smooth, adding chocolate chips at the end of mixing.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with a moistened finger.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 F, or until golden brown at the edges.
Cool on pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 1 dozen.

4 comments:

Truffle said...

Oh my! These look incredible. The photos is fantastic. I'll have to give them a go!

Vida said...

I have a daughter who lives on peanut butter and chocolate, you have just invented HEAVEN as far as she is concerned. I cannot believe they stay together, I would have thought the heat would make them melt completely but you have great shape, I will have to try this!!! Vida

Hungry Hamster said...

Truffle: Thanks Truffle! Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Vida: Haha, Thank you Vida! I love them too! But I think we have to thank Nic from Baking Bites who blog about the recipe first :)

Tell me how it goes :)

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Great recipe, I love these cookies! I found out you don't really need the baking powder (I don't notice any difference) and the salt isn't needed if your natural peanut butter is already salted.

Another flavor besides chocolate you might like is a flavor combo I came up with for these cookies: Cinnamon Raisin. Basically just omit the chocolate chips and add:

1/4 cup currants or raisins
2t cinnamon
1T extra sugar

They come out moist and delicious. Alternatively, you could just switch out the peanut butter for my version of Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter. They truly rival the chocolate chip variety of this cookie, you should absolutely try them!

- The Peanut Butter Boy