Saturday, October 13, 2007

Inside Out Chicken Pie


Have u ever had chicken pot pies and wish there were more of the pie pastry to munch on? I must admit that's always on my mind whenever we eat pot pies. Me and my siblings will always fight over the pastry part. This idea was inspired by Campbell's recipe book, but it uses buttermilk biscuit instead of puff pastry. I think this is a great idea as everyone can get the amount of pastry they want and the pastry stays crispy!

Inside Out Chicken Pie

Serves two

1-2 Sheet ready rolled Puff Pastry (as much as you want)
1 can Campbell's condensed chicken soup
Chicken Breast
minced garlic
Onion
Your choice of vegetables (you can also use frozen vegies)
Salt and Pepper to taste
some oregano and parsley

Cut one sheet of pastry into four squares. Cut each into four triangles, and stack one triangle on top of another, and press the edges with a fork to seal. You'll end up with 8 triangles. Bake them in a preheated oven at 220 degrees until puffy and golden.

Stir fried the garlic and onions until well browned, and add the diced chicken breast. After the chicken is cooked, add the vegies and stir in the Campbell soup. Add some water to your preferred consistency. Add oregano, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.

Put the chicken pie filling mixture on the plate and topped it with as many piece of puff pastry as you want. (I ended up eating four :p ) Enjoy!

7 comments:

Agnes said...

I think the pastry is my favourite part of eating a pie - an inside out pie is a great idea!

Hungry Hamster said...

thanks agnes ;) I love puff pastry! I can eat it as a snack!

Anonymous said...

It looks perfect for cold days ^^! I still can't get my hands on some puff pastry :(...

Belinda said...

Ohhh...I so agree! The pastry is definitely the best part, and I think you have devised a genius plan by making as many puff pastry triangles to go with the filling as you want! :-)

Vida said...

Fabulous, on way to supermarket as we speak... Vida x

*Angie~ said...

I think Agnes is absolutely correct!

Puff Pastry (in our case, ironically named) is the best form of pastry known to man.

If puff pastry had all my daily nutritional requirements I would not eat anything else.

In fact, if Puff Pastry was a guy, I'd marry him right now.

- Vannessa K

Hungry Hamster said...

Hey Vanessa!
Glad there's another puff pastry loverlike me :)

By the way, ur comment is hilarious! I love it!