Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Strawberry Mousse Cake


With strawberries being so cheap in Melbourne now, I decided it's time to try my hands on some Strawberry Mousse Cake which I've seen other Thai bloggers done beautifully in their blogs. Basically it's just layers of sponge cakes sandwiched between layers of strawberry mousse. The strawberry mousse is basically made of lightly whipped cream and blended strawberries, stabilized with some gelatin. Overall, I'm quite happy with the result, but I think I overbeat the cream a little, so the texture of the mousse looked a bit curdled. The texture, however, is still smooth and my brothers loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen the "Mirror" cake on the other blogs too and decided I was too lazy but I liked the look and thought maybe one day... Today I will bake a cake for Luis (hubby) for his birthday tomorrow, have not decided what yet but I will post it... thanks for visiting me too... Vida x x x
Vidaatpenthouse2.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is sooo good.The flavour is not too sweet or too sour, it just perfect. Also, it looks so yummy. Thanks for delicious mousse najaa ^^