Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick, Simple, Chocolate Molten Cake



I've tried different Chocolate Molten Cake recipes several times in the past and this new recipe I stumbled upon is my favorite one so far. I decided to try out this recipe as it seemed quick and simple, and I had all the necessary ingredients in my pantry. This recipe is very easy, it doesn't even require a hand mixer as my previous recipe did. The batter is quite similar to that of brownie, almost a failed-proof recipe! The only thing you need to be careful of is not to overbake the cake, or else you won't get to the nice gooey center. My mom said tasted better than the Four Seasons Hotel's one, I wasn't sure if she was just being nice.



Chocolate Molten Cake Adapted from Pat's blog
60g Dark chocolate (I used Lindt 85% cocoa for intense choc flavor)
60g butter
65g icing sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
3 tbs plain flour
3 mini custard mould, well buttered

Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. Melt the chocolate and butter together, then add the icing sugar and stir well. Slowly add in the eggs, and flour, and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour evenly into the well buttered moulds, and bake for 8 minutes, or until the batter seems cooked on the side, but still soft in the center. Serve with ice cream, or cream. Enjoy!


5 comments:

ganache-ganache said...

Mmmm, one of my favourite chocolate cake. I agree timing is very important. I've used this recipe, do check it out
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Cakes-with-Liquid-Centers/Detail.aspx

dailydelicious said...

Wow, this cake is so good, I really love chocolate cake.

Look at the sauce inside, your cake looks so yummy.

Pook

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

so much lava! i come to melb u bake for me?

Aimei said...

This looks good! Will bookmark it!

Hungry Hamster said...

Terri: Definitely!!
Just hope it will be up to ur standard :p

Aimei: Thanks! Let me know if you like it!