Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peperoni, Bangkok, Vol II

This is my current favorite Italian restaurant in Bangkok at the moment, not because it tasted fantastic, but because the price is very reasonable when compared to its quality. This restaurant always came up in my family's mind whenever we think of reasonable Italian restaurant.


Bruschetta Peperoni
Italian toasted bread with home made spicy and chilled peperonata topping
This could be better if it's more evenly buttered.


Prosciutto e Melone,
Thin slices of Italian Parma ham with refreshing seasonal melon.


Sauteed rock lobster with rocket salad and balsamic dressing.
This did not disappoint me!


Pizzas.
I didn't enjoy their pizzas as much as the ones I've had in Melbourne. The pizza dough was too thin that it was just crunchy. It tasted more like cracker than pizza to me.




Spaghetti Aglio, Olio.
Spaghetti sauteed in olive oil, garlic and chilli.
I enjoyed the spaghetti here as the texture was 'al dente'. I don't know if it's because I emphasized this to the waiter.


Black Ink pasta with sauteed river prawns, chilli, and garlic.
This is probably my favorite dish here. It's quite hard to find Italian restaurants in Bangkok that serves Black ink pasta. This was done quite well as the pasta had really good texture.


Canelloni con Spinaci
Tube shaped pasta filled with ricotta cheese and spinach, served in rich creamy cheese sauce. This was quite nice, except the 'creamy cheese sauce' was a bit lacking.


Cassata Napolitana with Chocolate truffle cake and vanilla ice cream.
This was a special set that combined two desserts together. The ice cream was nice, but the truffle cake was slightly overbaked.

It might not be the best Italian restaurant in Bangkok that I've tried, but the food there definitely satisfies my family's appetite. If you are looking for a restaurant for a nice Sunday lunch with your family with a nice atmosphere and reasonable price, do check out Peperoni. There are still a list of Italian restaurants in Bangkok that I want to try though.

No comments: