Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lemon and Sugar Crepe



I tried to make some crepes in an attempt to recreate the crepe cake I had here. But I realized the crepes' texture were too too thick for the crepe cake, and won't be able cut through with ease with a fork like the one I had at Secret Garden. The crepes were good on their own though, so I gave up the idea of the crepe cake and decided to eat them with lemon and sugar instead. They were also great with Nutella and banana!

Crepes (From Donna Hay Modern Classics 2)

Sift 2 cups plain flour into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons caster sugar. Combine 4 eggs, 1 2/3 cups milk and 3/4 cup cream, and slowly whisk into the flour until smooth. Allow to stand for 20 minutes. Cook the crepes in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat until light golden on each side. Serve warm. Makes 20.


2 comments:

Vida said...

Hi HH, a little tip, I made a crepe cake (a picture on my post, just afer the apple and raspberry crumble) and what I do is use buttermilk. It makes for the softest, squidgyest pancakes ever. I don't have a recipe as I have been making pancakes for more than twenty years and it's just a feel for me and it's the way my mother taught me to cook, she never owned a single recipe in more than 50 years of cooking!! She was amazing. Another trick is to mix in the yolks and beat the eggwhites to stiff and fold in at the end for fluffyness. Vida x

Belinda said...

Oh, crepes drizzled with fresh lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar sounds perfect...I haven't had crepes in years! And that hamster photo is just way too cute! :-)