Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Famous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies



I made these famous Neiman Marcus cookies a few days ago when a friend complained to me that he was hungry. Ok, that was really just an excuse for me to try out new recipe. Since I had all the ingredients on hand and the recipe looked easy enough, I decided to give them a go! I think they are quite famous for being Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, but somehow I ended up with a different result. The cookies were nice and chewy, with a crispy edge when they first came out of the oven. To my horror, when I gave them to a friend a day later, it turned into crunchy chocolate chip cookies! The cookies were actually well-packed in airtight containers too!

I suspect I may have overbaked them! Another reason I could think of was probably that there are less fat content inside these cookies, compared to the other ones I've tried. Nevertheless, they still tasted great, crunchy or chewy! Especially with the lovely hint of the espresso coffee!

Do give these cookies a go and let me know how they turned out for you!

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe


5 comments:

pepsakoy said...

Your cookies (and all the rest of your food!)look far too good to believe that you've failed to make such a nice scone!! lol

dailydelicious said...

I'm really want to make this cookie too, so, your cookie bring me confident in the recipe.

Hungry Hamster said...

Wow, getting compliments from two great bakers really made my day! I'm sure both of your cookies will turned out better than mine! Do let me know whether yours turn crunchy when you bake them! :)

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

i've printed the recipe. thanks for it.

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

I tried this recipe before...since my oven is very small then I had to bake many batched..for 1st batch..it came out crispy cookie also...haha...then after that I just bake it less time. Anyway, I prefer N'Pui's recipe from Pantip ka..You should try that recipe na..