Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love oatmeal cookies! Especially since I can psychologically trick myself to believe that they are relatively healthier than the usual cookies because of the added fiber! Gives me a good excuse to have more of them! Anyway, I found this fantastic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Bakingsheet. It's supposed to be from The Frog Commissary Cookbook, and it tasted great! All my friends and family loved it! It's probably by far the best oatmeal cookies I've had! Crunchy on the outside but nice, soft and moist on the inside. The shape also holds very well! If you are an oatmeal fan, do give it a try when you are free!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from The Frog Commissary Cookbook)

1 cup Butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cup oats (rolled or 'quick', but not 'instant')
2 cups chocolate chips (about 12 oz)

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cream together butter and sugar until mixture is light in color. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the flour into the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips by hand.
Drop 1 inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet leaving around 2 inch room for them to spread.
Bake at 350 F for 10-13 min or until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 min before transferring to a wire rack.

Make 4 dozen

p.s. I replaced half of the choc chip with soaked raisins and added some chopped Brazil nuts and Macadamia nuts which gave them a good touch! Enjoy!

Thanks Nic of Bakingsheet for the yummy recipe!

1 comment:

obachan said...

They look absolutely yummy! I feel the same way about oatmeal cookies... they "sound" healthier to me. ;)

BTW, I can send you the chocolate cake recipe if you give me your email address. PLS check the comment to the B-day cake post on my blog, if you're still interested.