Friday, June 8, 2007

Korean Food Eating Spree Volume 2

Join me for some food pics taken at Han Gouk Guan on Victoria Street. Though this is a Korean/Chinese restaurant, the food there is still pretty authentic! Most of the waiters there are Korean and they are very friendly and helpful when making orders! We ordered similar dishes to Saturday but the extra ones were the Ja Jueng Mien, Kum Pung Ghi (not sure how to spell) or the Korean fried chicken. Somehow, I find a lot of similarity in Korean words and Chinese words. Taste wise, both Han Gouk Guan and Oriental Spoon passed the test, however the portion here is a lot bigger compared to Oriental Spoon--hence making it more worthed! As for the presentation, I would have to say Oriental Spoon has better presentation and atmosphere!


Korean Stir Fried Rice Cake~spicy but good~


Ja Jiang Mein
This is my absolute favorite dish! It might look scary from the picture, but I love the taste!


Dolsot Bi Bim Bab
The presentation at Oriental Spoon is obviously better! I think that the one here is a bit too 'mushy'


Korean Style Fried Chicken with Sweet and Spicy sauce
This was a hit at our table!


Beef Bulkoki
This would have been much better if we were to grill it ourselves!


Kim Chi Casserole
This also has the instant ramen, but it's hidden in the bottom.


Jap Chae
I would have to say the Jap Chae at Oriental Spoon tasted better. This tasted very 'Chinese'.


Normal Bi Bim Bap (as opposed to 'dolsot')

I had good experience at both restaurant and would definitely go back for more! In my opinion I think it taste better the the city Kim Chi Grandma and the price is also more reasonable!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh...looks yum. I have been meaning to try this one for a while now.

I absolutely love Korean food, and am always on the look out for new places to try.

Hungry Hamster said...

Thanks Mellie :)
I love Korean food too!! Let me know if there are any other good ones!

Anonymous said...

Try KimChi Lunchbox on Glenferie Rd, Hawthorn.
The ChapChai there is good and the baby octopus lunch box set is good as well. I go there regularly when i need my Korean fix

Hungry Hamster said...

Thanks Willz, will definitely try it out if I'm in the area! Thanks for the recommendation!