Thursday, October 30, 2008

Afternoon Tea @ The Lobby, Four Seasons Hotel, Bkk





I just got back from my 1 week Japan trip last week and had lots of interesting experience there ,which I'll write about in my upcoming posts. After reading about afternoon tea/high tea buffet in a Thai food forum, I decided to try out Four Seasons Hotel's afternoon tea set. I was surprised by the size and quantity of the tea set!


There were two of these for me and my mom! Not surprisingly, I manage to finish it!


1st tier, the savories


2nd tier, the sweets.
There's also a third tier which I didn't take a picture of


My mom's Cappuccino


My Earl Grey
I thought the tea set was very pretty, with the little shiny tea strainer


Brie cheese and cucumber sandwich


Smoke Salmon sandwich


Cabbage Panna Cotta with Salmon Roe served with Puff Pastry
This was quite interesting, the Panna Cotta tasted like cheese to me.


Mini Chicken Burger with Mango Salsa
I like this, it was very refreshing


Dark Rye ham and tomato sandwich
This was nice too!


Mini croissant with egg and prawn filling


My favorite of all! The egg and prawn filling was a great combination!
I even had a second one!


Blueberry financier


Fruit Tart
This is quite nice but I still like the one from Lenotre's better


Granny Smith Macaroon
Can't compare with the Pierre Herme one I had in Japan, but it was better than my previous experience at Four Seasons Hotel's bakery shop. Maybe they change their pastry chef already.


It has a very strong apple candy flavored taste!


Grand Marnier and Chestnut Profiterole


Hmm..I'm not sure what this is but it tasted like mini green tea chiffon cake with sesame brittle.
This was quite nice too!


Raisin scone


Plain scone

I don't know whether it was just me or if the scones here are on the sweet side. In my opinion, they tasted more like cream biscuits than scones. It was a bit dry and crunchy. I've never actually had traditional, authentic scones, so I'm probably not a good judge on this.


Rhubarb Jam, Mascarpone Cheese (instead of the usual clotted cream), Strawberry Jam for the scones


I'm not sure what this was either, but it tasted like chocolate mousse with vanilla mousse and foam topping mixed with rum. Please let me know if any one knows the exact name for the dish.


Ginger bread/tea cake
This was a bit dry for my liking.


Cointreau Glazed Fruit Cake
I've never like fruit cake and probably never will do so I would not comment on this, but my mom said it was one of the better fruit cake she had tasted so far.


Custard Mochi
This was interesting as I did not expect to find mochi as part of the afternoon tea set.

This was probably my first proper afternoon tea experience, other than the little tea experience I had from Miss Marple's Tearoom in Melbourne and Annabelle's Place in Penang, and I must say it was a good experience! It probably opened my door to more afternoon tea experience in the future!

The Lobby
Four Seasons Hotel

155 Rajadamri Road,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel. 66 (0) 2 250-1000
Fax.66 (0) 2 253-9195

1 comment:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Wah....I would like to have such a great High tea experience too...

and of course, can't wait for ur Jap trip ka