Sunday, May 6, 2007

Dinner at Baan Khanitha


On my last visit to Bangkok, I had the chance to try out Baan Khanita. It was a famous restaurant amongst Tourists, but not a popular choice amongst local Thais due to its price tag. I got to try several of their famous dishes and my verdict is that it's not bad, but not worth the price. The service, however, was not their best side either as the rice took a while to arrive after the main dishes were served. Here are some of the dishes I've tried:


The Appetizer


Thai style fried Prawn cakes


the prawns in red curry


Yum Som O or Spicy Pomelo Salad with Shredded Chicken


Deep fried prawn with tamarind sauce~this was good~


Fried fish. This dish was a bit too bland for my liking.


Famous Thai dessert: Thai Mango with Sweet sticky rice.

Overall, I think the food here is a bit overrated, but it's worth a try. The presentation and atmosphere is quite nice, but the place can get extremely busy at night so booking is recommended.