Wednesday, July 16, 2008

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies



I, personally, am not a big fan of white chocolates as I find them too sweet for my liking. Macadamias, on the other hand, are one of my favorite nuts! When combined together, it became one of my favorite cookies, rich and creamy with that extra crunch from the nuts!

I wanted to try the recipe in Donna Hay's chocolate book, however, the recipe looked like it's a crunchy cookies instead of the soft ones I was looking for, hence I decided to try out this other recipe I found on this Thai Blog. I must say it did not disappoint me as it turned out soft and chewy, with a slight crispy edge.



White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies Adapted from Pat (Nga Kao)

3/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
170 g white chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup Macadamia nuts, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven at 170 degrees Celsius, Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract at the same time at medium speed until well mixed. Add in flour and fold until combined. Fold in white chocolate and Macadamia nuts. Scoop on to cookie tray lined with baking parchment. Bake at 170 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!


No comments: