Saturday, May 5, 2007

Donna Hay's Double Chocolate Cookies



I bought Donna Hay's Simple Essentials: Chocolate yesterday and decided to make use of it. Everything in the book looked so scrumptious..but I finally decided to give the Double Chocolate cookies a go. I made mine smaller than hers and I think I overbaked them a little. I also added in Chocolate chips instead of the required chopped chocolate, as I didn't have enough on hand. Overall, I was quite happy with the results.

I think all of my friends and relatives were really happy with the cookies too, especially with the oozing chocolate in each bite! Some also asked for the recipe, so here it is:

Double Chocolate Cookies: Donna Hay's simple essentials--chocolate

110g unsalted buttter, softened
130g brown sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
150 g plain flour, sifted
30g cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
125g dark chocolate, melted
280g dark chocolate, extra, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 160 celcius. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 min or until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir through the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and melted chocolate. Add the extra chopped chocolate and stir to combine. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into rounds. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room for the cookies to spread, and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 min or until slight cracks have formed. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 16 (I managed to make 24)


3 comments:

ZiAi said...

I WANT TO EAT snif snifs

Hungry Hamster said...

Haha, thank you! You'll have a chance to...soon....

Unknown said...

my girlfriend put honeycomb chunks on top....yum