Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Very Own Homemade Eggs Benedict!



Yay! I was so excited when I woke up today as I planned to make Eggs Benedict for me and my brother. I had prepared most of the ingredients last night (eg. chilling the eggs). I'm quite happy to say that it's successful + so economical!

Ok, I must admit that I cheated *evil grin*. I didn't make my own Hollandaise sauce, instead I use the store-bought 'Maille' one. I didn't want to have a heart-attack from seeing all the egg yolks and butter that is required to make the real Hollandaise. I also decided to save me all the hassle from buying the lemon etc., and just eat the 'innocent looking' creamy sauce from the bottle instead. It's not bad at all for a store-bought sauce. (Please don't send a cat to hunt me down if you tried and hated the sauce)

Anyway, it was quite a task trying to poached 4 eggs, fried the ham, and toast the English muffins, all at the same time. I feel so proud though, after they are all done and assembled. I topped them with the warmed Hollandaise sauce.


Before


After. Checkout that delicious runny yolk! Yum!

I'm very happy with the results! (Though I think my eggs are a bit overcooked). Now I can say that I can poach eggs! Thanks to this video! My only task left for the future is to try and make my own Hollandaise sauce, but I'll definitely need a lot of exercise before that!

3 comments:

Vida said...

Yum!!! Have posted the recipe for Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar, enjoy! Vida x

Anonymous said...

Haaa, perfect for my family... they LOVE runny eggs, reddish meat... haha. Thanks and a Happy Thanksgiving!

~TingTing :)

Hungry Hamster said...

Thank you, both Vida and Ting Ting!