Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Successful New York Cheesecake



I actually made this cake a few weeks ago but did not have a chance to blog about it until now. I used to find cheesecake quite hard to make before as my cheesecake always ended up sinking as it cools or a crack in the middle. Well, after doing some research, I've found out that I should not overbeat the cream cheese batter as it'll incorporate too much air, making the cheesecake sink as it cools. Also, the cheesecake should not be remove from the oven immediately after cooking as the pressure in the oven and outside is different, causing the cake the crack. Water-bath is also helpful at preventing cracks on cheesecakes.

I found this recipe on Allrecipes, and it was probably one of the highest rated recipes with great feedback. You also get a lot of tips with cheesecake baking from there. I halved the recipe for an 8 inch spring form tin and it was perfect! If health wasn't an issue, I'll definitely be making more of this!

2 comments:

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love hamsters (we have a dwarf hamster named Peanut). Your cheesecake looks just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips on the classic cheesecake sinking problem - a big help:)
Cheesecake looks lovely, too - exactly how I'd like mine to be!