Thursday, September 27, 2007

Winery Trip Part 2

This post is a continuation of the wineries trip I had last weekend. We visited several more wineries and had more food as the guys were still hungry. We stopped at this little winery for some cheese platter.


The cheese knives collections available for sale


We tried their cheese platter, which consisted of a spicy relish (which was beautiful!), some goat's cheese, and other types of cheeses. Personally, I found the goat's cheese too strong for my liking, but my friend loved it.


Some bread and crackers. I prefer eating crackers with cheese. The breads were a bit hard to chew.











We wanted to eat at Chandon, but the kitchen was already closed, so we had to stop somewhere else. We ended up at this other winery, which I do not remember the name. The guys decided to have some coffee and cakes.


Gigantic Carrot Cake


Chocolate Cake. I was told that the cake was quite hard.

2 comments:

frost said...

ooh! i've been to punt road winery before. the wine's great!

Anonymous said...

You did not miss much really at Chandon, I think they only do pickings platters, it's not a restaurant (unless things have changed recently) but the bubbly is VERY good so I hope you got some, my favourite is the Cuvee Riche, on the sweeter side, just how I like it... Vida x