Saturday, December 1, 2007

Easy Chocolate Fondue



What can be better than a relaxing Saturday afternoon at home with a homemade chocolate fondue with lovely fresh strawberries? This was so easy to make, and even easier to finish! The chocolate fondue was made with a good quality chocolate and equal amount of fresh cream. You can also add a dash of your favorite liquor if you want. Just bring the cream on a saucepan to an almost boiling point, but not boiling, and pour it over chopped chocolate pieces and mixed together. Or, if you are lazy like me, you can just pop both of them into the microwave and let it do the trick.



Chocolate fondue goes well with practically almost any fruits! But I decided to use strawberries today, as I wanted to use up the leftover strawberries from friend's birthday cake yesterday. I tried it with marshmallows today and loved it! Never knew marshmallows tasted so nice with dark chocolate!


Here's the birthday cake I made for my friend. Yvonne, hope you liked it! :)

8 comments:

Vida said...

The birthday cake looks amazing! Vida x

Hungry Hamster said...

Thank you Vida :) Hope it tasted as good as it looks haha.

Cheesywee said...

the cake looks delicious! i must honestly say that strawberries on anything is a win for me! I was just curious if you knew about the sugar powder on top of strawberries that some cakes are decorated with. When I tried to do that the strawberries just soaked up all the sugared powder 2 hours before serving!

Hungry Hamster said...

Hey Cheesywee! Thanks! Yeah! I know what you mean, that happened to me before too! Now if I were to decorate it with icing sugar, I just do it right before serving. Or maybe the shops put super thick layer of icing sugar on it :p

piggyhooooo said...

hungryhamster. the cake looks awesome! and it tasted better than it looks! ;)

Hungry Hamster said...

thank you piggyhooo :)

ilingc said...

HH, the birthday cake looks superb! Wish someone would make a birthday cake. It's usually the other way around!

ps. I can have strawberries and chocolate any day! LOL

Hungry Hamster said...

Thank you ilingc! I know how you feel about the Birthday cake! I had to make my own birthday cake this year! haha!