Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dinner @ Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao, Bkk



I was craving for Ding Tai Fung's Xiao Long Bao, but it's not available in Thailand, so we decided to try out Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao instead, which is situated in the Grand Hyatt Erawan Mall's urban kitchen section. The waiters here are quite energetic and helpful, but it wasn't very busy when we arrive so I'm not sure if the situation will be different during peak hours.






The first dish to arrive, stir-fried long beans.


Xiao Long Bao


After I've tried the Xiao Long Bao at Crystal Jade, I still think the Xiao Long Bao that I had at Ding Tai Feng was better. The meat-to-skin ratio was too much at Crystal Jade, and the size was a lot bigger so you get full very fast. The minced pork is also slightly on the sweet side which I believe was made to suit the Thai taste.


Braised Beef Knife-sliced Noodles.
This is very nice, the meat was very tender and flavorful while the noodle had the al-dente chew!


Sour and Spicy Hand-Pulled Noodle
My parents enjoyed this dish, though it's a tad too spicy for my liking

I think that the Xiao Long Bao here might not be as good as Ding Tai Fung's, however I like their freshly made noodles a lot better! Both the hand-pulled noodles and the knife-sliced noodle had a very nice chew to them, and the flavors were just right! Crystal Jade's Xiao Long Bao might not be the best ones I've had, but they definitely satisfied my Xiao Long Bao craving!

Feel free to check out Crystal Jade La Mien Xiao Long Bao whenever you have a Lamien/Xiao Long Bao craving like me!

No comments: