Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Desserts @ Three, One, Two

Last week, me and my friends went to Three, One, Two in Carlton for some desserts. The pictures are quite blurry, and I must apologize for that as the lighting in the restaurant was not 'photo-friendly' at all. The restaurant was tiny, a lot smaller than I'd expected! The waiters and waitresses were friendly and attentive. We ordered the dish that was crowned the Age's 2008 'Dish of the year', which was our main purpose of trying out 'Three, One, Two'.


Confit Apple with Burnt Butter Ice cream
Though the dish appeared small, it was quite filling! The apple layers were extremely flavorful and the smooth texture of the burnt butter ice cream complements it very well. In my opinion, I thought it was pretty good, but I would not think it was the 'Best' dish of the year. However, I do appreciate the amount of time the chef spent on the dish.


Three, One, Two's hot chocolate.
It was probably one of the richest Hot Chocolate I've ever tasted. I think it was made with cream instead of milk.


Strawberries; Jellied, crushed and sorbet with fromage frais and meringue
This dish was a recommendation from the waitress. I thought it was a good pick as the tangy/sweet taste of the strawberry and the sorbet contradicts the richness of the apple confit, making both dishes very enjoyable. The meringue pieces also gave it a good crunch! A refreshing dish indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I too have been meaning to try this restaurant. I have made apple dessert myself though not with the wonderful trimmings Andrew has added... V x

Hungry Hamster said...

Hi Vida, nice to meet you!