Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lunch at Idea Fine Food and Wine, Melbourne



The past Sunday, I've had the chance to dine at Idea Fine Food and Wine during lunch time. My previous experience with this restaurant was not very impressive as the food took a long while to arrive, however it tasted great. I was hoping that I would not be receiving that same treatment as the previous time, and luckily I did not. The restaurant looked quite different, it seemed as if it has been renovated. The decor was simple yet classy, and the waiters were very attentive.

The restaurant serves mainly Chinese food with several Japanese influenced dish, each dish was beautifully presented. Even though the restaurant's customers were mainly Caucasians, this did not affect the authenticity of each dish. There were choices from the usual Yum Cha to the more adventurous a la carte. Here are a few things I tried:


Cold Tofu entree topped with Japanese Seaweed and Bonito flakes drizzled with Japanese Soy Sauce


Lobster with ginger and spring onions served with egg noodles
The lobster here is easier to eat compared to other restaurants that I've tried. They also have special utensils that looked like a miniature fork that aid in removing the lobster meat from its shell. The egg noodles were perfectly cooked, it absorbed the right amount of the gravy without being too soggy.


Pan-fried Wagyu Beef Fillet
This was better than I'd expected. It was lightly seasoned, however the beef was very tender and flavorful.


Boneless Idea Roast Duck
This dish was great! It was perfectly done and extremely easy to eat as it was boneless. The skin was nice and crispy, while the meat was tender and juicy!


Seared Scallops
The pieces of scallops were nice and succulent, and the sauce helps bring out the flavor of the scallop. The sauce also has a slightly spicy kick to it.

Overall, I'm very satisfy with the quality of food and service of this restaurant, and would definitely come back again if I have the chance.

1 comment:

Cheesywee said...

your pics are so pretty!! I need to learn how to take better pics of food !