Thursday, May 10, 2007

Get high on chocolate with Max Brenner's



Max Brenner's is one of the famous Chocolate shops in Melbourne. There are two stores in Melbourne city itself! One in Queen Victoria Complex and the other one Melbourne Central. This is where most people would bring their friends/relatives when they are visiting from overseas. I think Max Brenner's has several franchises overseas, including Singapore as well, so I wouldn't exactly call it "Australian". As for the quality of chocolates, I personally prefer Koko Black (which I will post about in the future). However, Max Brenner's has more to offer in terms of varieties! The price is also quite reasonable too, if you go to the one in QV as it's not 'decorated', so I suggest if you would like to impress your guests, take them to the Melbourne Central one, but if you have enough of the 'presentation' and is just there for the chocolate fix, you can enjoy the QV one.


Babka: Cinnamon bun with raisins drizzled with chocolate


Chocolate Souffle! For some reason, I think the souffle at Melbourne Central one tasted better than the one in QV. The QV one was cold, so you couldn't really get the 'oozing' chocolate feel.


Warm Belgian Waffles topped with Strawberries and Icecream. This is one of my favorite dish, especially when it's done well! Warm and crispy waffles and not soggy.

Another plate of Belgian waffle. Warm waffle, warm chocolate, juicy strawberries and creamy ice cream! What more can you ask for?


Chocolate Croissant

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these food posting is making me hungry. Extremely.

Maybe you could post food that you make? =)

Hungry Hamster said...

Haha, I will soon! when I make more stuff! thanks for visiting!

Hean said...

Seriously, my mouth is filled with saliva now. Yumm.... Chocolate...

thecoffeesnob said...

I much prefer Koko Black as well- their chili hot chocolate's just amazing. Totally worth that extra trip to the gym!

Incidentally, i've always thought of myself as a chocolate fanatic till i went to Max Brenner and couldn't even finish half of their hot chocolate :)