Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shintaro, Four Seasons Hotel, Bkk, Vol II

I'm back at Shintaro again after my previous visits. Shintaro has now become my parents' favorite Japanese restaurant. It has the best Unagi we've tried in Bangkok's Japanese restaurant so far!


Appetizer: Braised Chicken with Enoki pieces
This tasted so much better that it looks! The piece of chicken was so tendor and flavorful!


Salmon Maki


Unagi Kabayaki
The Unagi here is very beautiful and tender! The meat itself was grilled to perfection and releases the slightly charred aroma, which goes perfectly with the sweet Kabayaki sauce. I've had previous experiences with some 'not-so-good' Unagi before and they left me with a 'muddy' after taste, but that is not the case at Shintaro!


Roast Duck Soba
I'm not a very big fan of Soba, so I didn't enjoy this dish as much. I thought the Roast Duck Udon I had last time tasted better. My parents, however enjoyed the texture of the Soba here.


Grilled Teriyaki Cod Fish
This was very good! The fish fillet was grilled very well, the skin was crispy while the flesh was soft and moist! The fish was also decorated with deep-fried bonito flakes and sesame seeds, which made it taste even better!


Mixed Fruits Jelly with Vanilla sauce and Blueberry Confit
a very refreshing dessert!


Mont Blanc with Cherry Sorbet



The desserts I had today were pretty good, but not fantastic. Their mains definitely did not disappoint me and I'll surely be coming back for more in the near future!

No comments: