Thursday, October 11, 2007

Super Easy Banana Puff


I saw a leftover banana in my pantry this afternoon, and was deciding what to do with it. Since there was only one left, it was not enough to make any kind of cake, muffins, or banana bread. I was craving for some banana fritter, but then I can't be bother to do the deep-frying, just for one banana. Then an idea came up, I can make banana puff!

This is so fast and easy, and the results are satisfying! I basically take out one sheet of puff pastry from the fridge, and let it thaw. I then cut the puff pastry into 4 squares, quartered the banana, and lay them on the puff pastry squares. I fold the sheets in half over the banana, and press the edges with a fork. Sprinkle them with some caster sugar, and popped them into a preheated oven at 200 degrees fan-forced until they are puffy and golden! And voila~~a banana puff is born!

You can eat them warm, sprinkled with more caster sugar or maple syrup. How I wish I had vanilla ice cream at home!


14 comments:

Vida said...

Nice Matters Award it's yours for all the kindness you have shown me! Vida x

Vida said...

The favourite "PUFF" in this house is cheese for savoury and Nutella for sweet, cannot be beaten!! Vida x

Hungry Hamster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hungry Hamster said...

Yes Vida! I was so tempted to put nutella with the bananas! ~yum~ Maybe I should try ham and cheese combination next time!

Anonymous said...

Coooool, I've never heard of a puff pastry before!! ><. Must try this sometimes... where can I get puff pastry from? Your banana puff looks so... tantalizing. ^^.

-TingTing

Hungry Hamster said...

Hey Ting Ting! You can get it in any supermarket! It's in the frozen food section! Do try it out, they are super easy and very versatile!

Truffle said...

This is so dainty and gorgeous! I love it! I bet it would be particularly good with ice cream.

Vida said...

HH, your profile doesn't say if you are male or female,I just assumed female but I thought I might ask! Vida x Not that it matters, just curious.

Hungry Hamster said...

Hey Vida!

You assumed correctly :p

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, must buy some this weekend ^^!
Is it anything like phyllo dough? Did I mention that allll of your pictures look like cut-outs from a fancy French restaurant or something? One word: scrumptious.

-TingTing :)

Hungry Hamster said...

Thank u so much Ting Ting! My friend just complained about my photography skills, so that comment made me feel a lot better :)

Puff pastry is slightly like phyllo dough in the sense that they are both flaky. However, the puff pastry actually 'puffs' up once u bake it. Phyllo doesn't :) Do try it! I used to love watching them 'puff' up in the oven!

Anonymous said...

sweetie, the banana puff looks really yummy!!! u r so innovative! pls cook for me when u come down to sg!

Hungry Hamster said...

Hey Mei!!
Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I see ^^, thanks! So I can find both the puff pastry and phyllo dough in the frozen food section? Aggg, I'm absolutely craving for a puff pastry by now!!

-TingTing