Friday, May 9, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



I wasn't very satisfied with the Neiman Marcus recipe as the cookies came out crunchy the next morning. I read the following recipe on a Thai blog which was very popular amongst the Thai blogging society and they made a few adaption to the original Neiman Marcus recipe. The extra table spoon of corn syrup gave it that 'extra' chew, and kept it moist the next day!



Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Puppadoowab
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbs caster sugar
1 tbs corn syrup (I used golden syrup because I didn't have any on hand)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chip cookies

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Cream the butter with the sugars using electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in the egg, syrup, and vanilla extract and beat until creamy. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat/fold into the butter mixture at low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop tbs size on to a baking sheet and flatten slightly to ensure even spread in the oven. Bake for around 15 min or until golden on the outside, but the center still looks soft. Do not attempt to overbake them or you'll end up with crunchy cookies!



The cookies are pretty sturdy and are very photogenic compared to the previous recipes I've tried. They stayed soft the next day and if you put in in the microwave for 10 seconds, they taste like they just came straight out of the oven! Though this is one of the better chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe that I've made, I think the dough itself is still slightly lacking in flavor, I don't know if it's just me though. But since they are so pretty and are slightly healthier than other ones that I made, they will definitely be a keeper!

There is a chewy chocolate chip recipe that is currently my favorite, and I shall write about it in my next post!

2 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

i can hardly wait for ur ultimate cookie recipe. coffee's waiting, so quick give us the recipe!

yammylicious said...

aww chewy cookies!! thx for sharing muaxxx